We undertake to supply the following Harley Davison recommended servicing. Collection and delivery service available, please contact V-Twin Custom should you require any further information.
BASIC SERVICE 2,500 MILES
1. Inspect oil change
2. Inspect rear belt
3. Inspect transmission lubricant
4. Inspect brake pads and discs for wear
5. Inspect fuel valve lines and fittings for leaks
6. Inspect the pressure and inspect tread
7. Inspect operation of throttle and enrichener controls.
8. Inspect operation of all electrical equipment and switches.
9. Inspect battery fluid level and connections.
10. Check stabilizer links and engine mounts.
11. Lubricate all Springer steering head bearings.
12. Road test.
INTERMEDIATE SERVICE 5,000 MILES
1. Change engine oil & filter
2. Inspect air cleaner & service as required
3. Clean hydraulic lifter oil screen
4. Change primary chaincase lubricant and clean magnetic drain plug. Check/adjust primary chain.
5. Check clutch adjustment.
6. Change transmission lubricant and clean the magnetic drain plug.
7. Check and adjust belt.
8. Lube the foot shift/brake lever bearings and speedometer cable
9. Lubricate all Springer steering head bearings.
10. Check rear brake pedal adjustment
11. Inspect brake pads and discs for wear
12. Check brake fluid reservoir levels and condition
13. Inspect oil lines and brake system for leaks.
14. Lubricate the following: front brake hand lever, throttle control cables, throttle, clutch control cable & hand lever, jiffy/kick stand.
15. Check and adjust operation of enrichener.
16. Inspect fuel valve lines and fittings for leaks.
17. Check tyre pressure and inspect tread.
18. Check wheel spoke tightness
19. Check front fork bearing adjustment
20. Check operation of all electrical equipment and switches.
21. Check cruise control disengage switch & other components
22. Check battery electrolyte level and clean battery components
23. Inspect spark plugs.
24. Check condition of rear shock absorbers.
25. Check air suspension: pressure, operation and leakage
26. Check engine mounts.
27. Check tightness of all fasteners except engine head bolts.
28. Lubricate hinges, latches – fuel door, Tour –Pak, saddlebags where appropriate.
29. Check ignition timing and vacuum hose
30. Road test.
PREMIUM FULL SERVICE 10,000 MILES
Same as the 5,000 mile service plus the following:
1. Lubricate and adjust steering head bearings.
2. Change spark plugs
3. Repack wheel bearings with grease.
4. Change front fork oil.
5. Repack rear fork bearings
6. Adjust Springer rocker bearings
7. Roadkings only – inspect windshield bushings
8. Check engine idle speed adjustment.